Leads the talent management strategies and programs supporting the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of the organisation. Responsible for creating and fostering a strengths-based learning and development culture throughout the company by setting the vision and creating the design of learning development strategies and training solutions for the organisation. Accountable for driving talent management , leadership and organisational development strategies, tools and processes to develop leaders and teams to meet the current and future business needs of the organisation in the disciplines of performance management, succession planning, talent assessment, coaching and development planning, and competency identification.
Major Activities to Ensure Achievement of Key Resultsand Deleiverables
- Maintains a learning and development strategy that supports and aligns with the business goals.
- Builds ownership of all training programs and related processes throughout the organisation.
- Ensures effectiveness of all learning initiatives.
- Champions learning throughout the organisation as a force of sustained competitive advantage.
- Consults with Business Unit leaders to understand their business and customer population in order to provide their unique training and development needs.
- Partners with Senior Executives, acting as an advisor.
- Participates in steering and strategy meetings across the company.
- Drives talent management, culture development, and e-learning strategies.
- Demonstrates economic value or ROI of training. (Ties training programs to business metrics)
- Conducts organisational needs assessments to identify key skills and competencies needed to drive business strategy.
- Utilizes innovative approaches and best practice methodologies. Maintains knowledge in industry benchmarking practices, learning theory and technology through industry interaction.
- Builds partnerships with leading learning and development thought leaders, universities, and consortiums.
- Demonstrates the company's culture, philosophy, and values.
- Maintains big picture knowledge of The company's operations, understands the business.
- Remains abreast of emerging training issues affecting the operations and environment of the company.
- Partners with others in both the global and local Human Resources staff on all human capital initiatives and emerging issues.
- Communicates training philosophy and markets the training services to the organisation.
- Oversees selection, implementation, and on-going enhancement of the department's Learning Management System and other similar technologies.
- Develops programs tailored specifically to address the identified performance gaps.
- Conducts and or facilitates training programs developed internally and purchased from vendors.
- Develops metrics and measures results of development programs by monitoring employee efficiency, employee understanding through testing and through the performance appraisal system.
- Enables organisations and its members to expand their capacities to handle internal and external functioning and relationships by promoting and developing inter- and intra-group communication and the ability to cope with organisational problems of different types.
- Works as a strategic partner with senior leadership focusing on global learning and performance measures that have impact across all lines of business at within company.
- Understands the vision, strategy, goals, and culture of the company linking learning measurements, interventions, and methods to organisational goals.
- Knows how to lead or influence others positively to achieve desired work results.
- Demonstrates awareness of the inner workings of all business functions and how business decisions affect financial or non-financial work results.
- Exhibits an understanding of the many ways that performance can be improved in organisational settings; showing how to apply specific improvement interventions to close existing or anticipated performance gaps.
- Works effectively with others to achieve common goals and demonstrates effective interpersonal influence.
- Looks beyond details to see overarching goals and results.
- Excellent 'stand up' skills with all levels of employees.
- Excellent program development skills.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- Strategic influencer, demonstrates ability to grasp business challenges and apply resourcing knowledge to develop a partnering approach with business managers.
- Personal credibility with strong networking and relationship building skills (business managers/leaders and applicants/candidates).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and demonstrate a flexible approach.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and to join up trends across the organisation which may not initially be obvious.
- Comfortable with managing challenge and feedback.
- Focussed on delivery, often under tight timelines, and taking a pragmatic approach to getting things done.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- MBA or Masters Degree in human resources, Organisational Psychology or a related field.
- Training and development experience in a complex organisation.
- Extensive experience with the strengths based philosophy and tool in terms of integrating the concepts into the employee and leadership development programs.
Applications should be made via email to Chris Waite, Bluesky Executive Search
Please attach your CV in English with details of your expected 'notice period'; current and expected remuneration.
Bluesky Executive Search is a leading international Search Firm specialising in International HR and Global Mobility.
Telephone:+44 (0)844 288 3201
Address: 5 St Helens Place Bishopsgate London EC3A 6AU
Back to Latest Vacancies